This short and rather obscure lane runs east from Nelson Street just north of Parramatta Road and terminates at Johnston Creek.
This site was probably occupied by Rudolph Kerhle* a pattern maker. As noted elsewhere, pattern making was a skilled profession involving the making of moulds for metal and other castings. It was naturally symbiotic with the various metals trades conducted in Annandale and adjacent suburbs, including at Elliott’s engineering works just metres away at the corner of Nelson and Albion Streets.
Kerhle conducted business here from the early 1930’s and into the 1950’s. By 1950 part of the site may also have been occupied by Industrial Specialties (Aust) Pty Ltd, merchants.
*Sands has many and various spellings of this name.