top of page
The lots along Kentville Avenue were created only around 1910 after the demolition of the Young residence, Kentville, which once occupied the site now bounded by Weynton Street to the south and The Crescent to the north.
The very fine federation building at No. 30 was probably built in about 1915 and may initially have been occupied by a grocer (Richard Murphy). It is clear that it was occupied by Thomas Elliott’s butcher shop from about 1925 and into at least the 1950’s.
bottom of page